Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

The Side Kicks

Warning - this is a bit of a longer post - but I just had so much to share! 

With my two essential pieces of living room furniture set up (a place for my TV and a place to sit and watch it), it was time to add the side kicks. I again did a lot of investigating online - I knew I wanted more seating and tables that functioned around the additional seating. This was my list:
  1. Fancy chair
  2. Large patterned chair with an ottoman (optional)
  3. Large coffee table on wheels
  4. Small cocktail table
While I did my search, I certainly found a lot of things that I would have LOVED to purchase. But I was also trying to be realistic with my spending... Here are some of the things I loved and the substitutes I chose:
Fancy Chair Splurge: This chair I saw in Crate and Barrel - loved the color of the leather and the nail head detail. This leather PRICEY stud (almost as expensive as some of the couches I was looking at) was the reason I decided to look for a comparable gray leather chair. This is my substitute: 
Fancy Chair Purchase: This chair is a very similar gray leather and also has the great nail head detail along the bottom! It is also a bit bigger than the C&B chair which is nice for guests. I found this gem at West Elm during a sale. 

Large Patterned Chair Issue: To be honest, I had a really hard time trying to find a patterned chair that I could not live without. I wanted a fun pattern to mix it up with my pearl colored sofa and gray leather chair. But I didn't want to just pick any pattern - what if I got bored with it quickly? So without a pattern I was crazy about, I decided it might be a better idea to pick a solid color chair. This way I won't get bored with the pattern and can just swap some pillows for an easy and cheap way to make the chair new and interesting again!
Large Not-So Patterned Chair Purchase: I found this gem at World Market. WM has the most interesting pieces with some real unique flare! This chair was a steal and I loved the Atlantic Blue color along with the spindle legs. 

Coffee Table on Wheels Purchase: Tables on wheels seem to be everywhere and they certainly make vacuuming a sinch!  
I'm not gonna lie and say that this table was a steal... I did get it on sale though! It's a great size for my place and goes nicely with the rest of my furniture. I wanted something that had space for more storage but something that wasn't too bulky. And this table is perfect for that - now I just need to find some sort of box/basket to put on the bottom shelf that is functional but also interesting to look at. I already have some ideas!


Small Cocktail Table Splurge: I saw this cocktail table in a picture online without any details on who makes it, where to find it etc. I surfed the web high and low for this little guy and FINALLY found it after a few days. To my dismay, it was WAY too expensive, like 'same price as my coffee table on wheels' expensive... tear.

 Small Cocktail Table Purchase: I could not be happier with this substitute cocktail table I found. It has an interesting industrial design to it with accordion-style iron legs and clawed feet. Not to mention, this table was less than 1/4th of the cost of the splurge table above. And it looks wonderful sitting next to my gray leather chair - all sophisticated in the corner!

Here are some pictures of the pieces all together in my living room:
Fancy Gray Leather Chair Collage


Large Not-So-Patterned Chair Collage

Coffee Table On Wheels Collage

Small Cocktail Table Collage

All together now:
Left Side of the Living Room

Right Side of the Living Room

This picture is a bit dark - these winter months have not been very cooperative with the natural sun light!! But this gives you an idea of the total layout of my Living Room. 











No comments:

Post a Comment